Thursday, June 30, 2016

Clean Connections

Hey Everybody, Today I wanted to post about the fuel injection connectors in the engine compartment. When I first bought the car the owner told me that the connectors on the fuel injectors sometimes came loose, so he wedged them on with some foam and it worked great...

Well that defiantly wasn't safe. I found that auto zone carries the connectors with pigtails, so I was able to go through with my dad and replace all of the connectors by soldering on the new ones, using heat shrink finished it for a nice look. Its these little things that are important to me in fixing a car. If your going to do it, do it right. It wasn't very hard, or very expensive, but now I have more peace of mind as I drive down the road. This car really has become a safe car to drive. We've made sure that the engine is put together right and that there aren't any concerns or issues.

So todays post was shorter, I think its cool that we can still buy these little parts for these cars. But I wanted to share this cool repair that I was able to do to make it that much safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment