Monday, June 27, 2016

Safety First!

Good Afternoon! Today I'm continuing my posts on my "cockpit" improvements. Today's topic: safety harnesses. Of course we mostly refer to them as seat belts. One thing I never thought about when buying an old car is how annoying old seat belts can be! When they get old they don't retract they just dangle loose, which honestly is not that safe. And they are old and worn. Well when I got this car it had old seat belts. And yes it was really annoying, I know this from experience. But things like that are important to me, after all safety first! So I purchased new seat belts. I got a really good deal on them actually. They are the correct size for my car, but they are actually built for a military Hummer, and I got them new from military surplus. But they work just like the original VW seat belts did. Who knows maybe even better, after all it was designed for the military! Its just one of those things that can really freshen up an old car!

No comments:

Post a Comment